- Eligible Companies
- Eligible Projects
- Selection Criteria
- Selection Process
- How to Apply
Eligible projects must support product and process improvements that develop and / or expand export opportunities and global competitiveness.
Projects will be eligible for funding of up to 33.3% of eligible costs to a maximum contribution of $75,000.
To be eligible for SMART Prosperity Now funding, eligible applicants must be exporters, planning to export, or selling into a value chain leading to exports. Projects must clearly articulate how the project is directly related to the growth in the export market. All applications must include a business plan and / or export market plan. If formal plans are not available, templates can be found in the tools/templates section of this website.
Cumulative funding between previous SMART project funding programs and SMART Prosperity Now program will be limited to $100,000. Assessment projects are not exclusive.
SMART will only consider applications whose projects have NOT started before October 31, 2011 and have less than 50% incurred costs at date of online application submission. An incurred cost is the sum of actual paid costs. A deposit is considered an incurred cost.
Eligible projects must be in the following areas.
- New market development
- Projects that expand to global markets
- Investments in sustainable and green technology:
- Air and water purification
- Environmental remediation (removal of pollutants and contaminants)
- Waste management
- Green Energy and technology, Smart Grid
- Purchases of new or upgraded equipment and technology - note: hardware and software are NOT eligible purchases.
- Productivity improvement investments that demonstrate the direct link to export growth opportunities.
** SMEs supported through the previous CME SMART programming will be considered eligible however cumulative funding between Smart and Prosperity Now cannot exceed $100,000.