- Eligible Companies
- Eligible Projects
- Selection Criteria
- Selection Process
- How to Apply
- 2012/2013 Approved SPN Projects
Once the project is complete, and all of the project expenses have been documented by your company, you are ready to use the online Expense Claim Form to report these expenses to CME for reimbursement. The Expense Claim Form will look like the budget you submitted as part of your original application, and you will need to explain any significant variations (up or down) in actual expenses – and identify any major vendors in each cost category. Note that all invoices over $1,000 must be submitted with proof of payment.
Ensure that you review all eligible and non-eligible costs. Any expense claims with non-eligible costs will be denied and will delay your expense claim. If your approved expenses end up being less than originally proposed, the award amount will be adjusted accordingly.
- For example, assume you proposed a $225,000 project and received an award of $75,000 – 33.3% of the project costs. Once the project was completed, actual expenditures were only $150,000, so the award amount would be reduced to $50,000, and payments would be adjusted accordingly.
- Based on the revised award amount, you will receive a second payment that, combined with your initial payment, brings you up to 80% of the award amount.
- Continuing the example above, you would have received $22,500 as an initial payment (30% of $75,000). After reducing the award amount to $50,000, you will receive a second check calculated as follows:
- 2nd Payment = (80% of $50,000) less initial $22,500 payment = $17,500
- After the 2nd payment, you would have received a total of $40,000.
- If your actual expenses are higher than originally budgeted, we will not be able to increase the award amount, so be sure to keep close control on your spending during the project.
- 3rd Payment = 20% of $50,000 for a total of $10,000 bringing the funding amount to $50,000.