Instructions for Users of the Web-based Submission System
Registering Your User Name and Password
If you are using the web-based submission system for the first time, you will need to “Register”. Click on “Register” at the bottom of the Login page, enter the information requested, and then click on the “Register” button at the very bottom of the page. Be sure to make a note of the User Name and Password that you select.
Starting Your Submission
After you have logged on to the Web-based Submission System, you will see the “Welcome” page which provides additional help on how the System works. To start your submission to the SMART Program, follow these steps:
- Click on “My Submissions” in the list at the left of the page.
- In the Program List in the centre of the page, find the Program Name you wish to apply to, and then click on “Forms” just to the left of the desired program.
- For Project Funding, the Program Name is “Project Funding”
- For the Market Assessment, the Program Name is “Market Assessment”
- For Service Provider Qualification, the Program Name is “Service Provider Application”
- A link to the desired form will appear under “Program Forms” at the bottom of the page. Click on “Apply” to create a new submission.
Working on Your Submission
- When you start a new submission, or select an older submission for additional entry, the “Submission Summary” page is displayed, showing a list of sections that must be completed. The different pages of the submission can be reached directly by clicking on the list of pages displayed at the left of every page. From each page, you can also move “Back” and “Next” to reach the previous and subsequent page of the submission, respectively.
- To start entering your submission, click on “2. Applicant Organization” in the left navigation area. The requested page is displayed, and you can type in the required information in the boxes provided, or select appropriate responses from the drop down lists or buttons. If you have composed your application using the MS Word sample application form, you can just cut-and-paste any long answers.
- Be sure to enter and save your Applicant Organization information before moving to other pages of the submission – this creates the record in the database where your information will be stored.
- Before leaving a page (by clicking “Back”, “Next” or clicking directly on another page), be sure to click on “Save Page” at the bottom of each page in order to save your answers in the online submission file.
- If you don’t have the answer to a particular question, you can move on to other questions (saving your work as you go), log out of the system and log back in at a later time when you are ready to proceed. The system will keep your submission, and all the answers you have provided so far, for as long as needed.
- When you have gone through every page of the submission and provided all the answers that you can, double check the status of the submission using the "Submission Summary" page. If any sections are still marked with “Please complete” you will need to return to those sections to complete any mandatory questions that appear there.
- When your submission is fully completed, you are ready to formally submit the application to CME SMART Program. You can check whether everything that we need has been completed by checking the “Submission Summary” page. If everything is complete, a “Submit” button will be displayed at the top of this page. If not, you can look at the Submission Summary to see what sections, on which pages, still need to be completed before you can actually submit your application.
- If the submission is complete, click on the “Submit” button, and you will be taken to the “Authorization and Certification” form. Please read this form carefully, indicate that you have read the form and agree to it by checking the box provided, and then clicking on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
- Once your submission has been sent to the SMART Program for processing, it will appear in the “Submission History” form at the bottom of the “Submission Summary” page. If you are asked to amend or update your application by the CME SMART Program, information about this will appear here also.
How to Get Help
If you need to refer to these instructions while you are working on your application, they can be found by clicking on “Help”. If you are still having trouble, you can reach our technical help desk by calling(613)656-1821 or e-mailing VGOSupport@eperformance.biz